General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a C2BMC System Integration Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Integrate C2BMC software into the C2BMC test suites at the MDIOC and the operational suites at the customer sites (e.g. NORTHCOM, PACOM, STRATCOM)
- Develop site and event specific configurations to support test, war games, and exercise events
- Work with BMDSS personnel to resolve test lab issues
- Work with C2BMC Operations and Sustainment personnel to resolve installation and processing issues at the customer sites (e.g. NORTHCOM, PACOM, STRATCOM)
- Create and modify scripts to extract specific information from log files
- Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message data
- Trouble shoot both test and operational issues; document test results and prepare test status documentation
- Author Spiral and build-level test plan documents and procedures
- Create Test Discrepancy Reports to document issues
- Assist software development personnel with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Work with the Operations and Sustainment functional area to provide familiarization of Spiral release software capabilities and issues
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and work-around documents
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities
- Plan and lead integration C2BMC tests with external elements and sensors
- Review and provide feedback of system specifications, development, test, network documents as necessary
- Attend meetings with other C2BMC IPTs, customers, etc. and represent the Integration team.
- Significant CONUS and OCONUS travel to customer sites (e.g. NORTHCOM, PACOM, STRATCOM) and contractor sites (e.g., Colorado Springs, Crystal City, Huntsville) required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Systems Integration and System/Software Testing
- Experience in the integration of system components within an integrated test environment
- Working knowledge of system design and overall integration into an operational environment
- Expertise with PERL programming
- Proficiency with UNIX, including shell scripting
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
- Working knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test execution.
- Top Secret clearance desired, minimum requirement of Secret security clearance required. Security Plus certified required, must have Security Plus certification or equivalent.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills and an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Candidate must be able to cooperatively develop integration plans/procedures from sources such as functional/performance requirements and stated technical capabilities, monitor the integration of the test resources, execute these detailed integration procedures, analyze integration results, and present the results orally and in written format
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with people within and external to the program, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Candidate should have experience in troubleshooting of small to large scale, highly redundant network infrastructure
Ideal candidate should have either knowledge of or practical experience with industry or DoD test methodologies and terminology. Experience with operational systems (e.g. Aegis, Patriot), development systems (e.g. GMD, THAAD, Aegis), and off-the-shelf statistical analysis packages a plus.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Security+