Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience.
Candidates should have demonstrated experience with the following:
* Linux system administration
* Proficient understanding of cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF)
* Experience implementing government security requirements to include technical computer/network system auditing
* Experience with various security assessment/hardening tools - STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, Nessus, etc.
* Infrastructure automation technologies such as Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, ...
* Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby or other scripting languages
Candidates should have knowledge of several of the following technologies:
* TCP/IP, Internet Routing Protocols, private and public networks, VLANs, Firewalls, Load Balancers, addressing schemes, subnet creation and subnet masking.
* High Performance File Systems and Storage (Lustre, GPFS)
* Job Schedulers and Resource Managers (SLURM, Torque, LSF, etc.)
* Metrics and Monitoring (Ganglia, Nagios, Splunk, etc.)
***Department of Defense Top secret security clearance is preferred. Candidates holding Secret clearance with Top secret eligibility will be considered. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Linux System Administrator/Information Assurance Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Configures, maintains, and supports integration and test of applications on high performance computing platforms and supporting infrastructure. Responsibilities also include supporting engineers working on integration and development activities using the platforms, and development of software applications.
* Administering, configuring, and supporting HPC systems, including systems with high performance file systems and storage. This includes hardware planning, installation, configuration, upgrades, repairs and decommissioning.
* Patching Linux systems
* Creating, modifying and deleting user accounts.
* Provide tools and scripts to assist in administration and maintenance, and verification of the health and status of the entire HPC infrastructure.
* Pro-actively monitor system performance and functionality and resolve issues as needed
* Coordinate, manage, and document configuration changes to platforms in conjunction with program leadership and CM functions.
* Documenting, maintaining, and implementing policies for backup/recover strategies, security protection mechanisms, system integration and acceptance testing, disaster recovery.
* Providing, maintaining and enhancing system security to meet customer and defense security service standards.
* Customizing environments as required by development and operations teams, with specific focus on the optimization of end-users’ experiences without compromising maintainability and security.
* Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
* Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
* Supports the execution of A&A activities, including development of required security documentation, including items such as System Security Plans, Security Assessment Reports, SCTM’s and POA&M’s in compliance with IA policy
◦ Exercise creative and innovative thinking to advance our business performance
◦ Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
◦ Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
◦ Follow industry trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
◦ Work with Vendors as needed.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran